WB Board Class 5 English Chapter 8 Buildings to Remember Solution – West Bengal Board of Secondary Education Class 5 English Book Lesson 8 Buildings to Remember Question Answer
Activity 1 Solution
Complete the table with information from the text. Work with your partners . One is done for you :
|Name of the monument visited||Answer: The Bandel church|
|Location of the monument||Answer: Hooghly|
|Number of team members||Answer: Twenty five|
|Means of transport||Answer: Bus|
|The Mughal Emperor mentions here||Answer: Akbar and Shah Jahan|
|The year the church was built||Answer: 1599|
Activity 2 Solution
Find out the word with similar meanings from the text.
(1) answered –
(2) staring –
(3) told –
(4) started –
(5) establish –
(6) carried on –
Activity 3 Solution
Fill in the blanks with correct form of the given verbs in the brackets:
(1) Last Sunday, Reba ____________ (visit/visited) the zoo.
Answer: Last Sunday, Reba visited the zoo.
(2) They ___________ (drink/drank) coffee everyday.
Answer: They drink coffee everyday.
(3) Farmers _____________ (grow/grew) crops in the field.
Answer: Farmers grow crops in the field.
(4) The boys ____________ (enjoy/enjoyed) the football match yesterday.
Answer: The boys enjoyed the football match yesterday.
(5) Subir ______________ (sings/sang) a patriotic song yesterday.
Answer: Subir sang a patriotic song yesterday.
(6) We ______________ (go/went) to school everyday by bus.
Answer: We go to school everyday by bus.
Activity 4 Solution
Answer the following questions:
(1) Where did the bus stop?
Answer: The bus stopped in front of the church.
(2) What were the names of the two friends of Mita?
Answer: The names of the two friends of Mita were Amina and Sunita.
(3) How many Christians were taken to Agra fort?
Answer: A few thousand Christians were taken to Agra fort.
(4) Who were made to stand before the ferocious elephants?
Answer: The priest, father Joan da Cruz and a few thousand Christians were made to stand before the ferocious elephants.
(5) What did the elephant do with Father Joan da Cruz?
Answer: The elephant carried father Joan da Cruz right up to the emperor and knelt before him, as if asked for mercy.
(6) Where was the fort of Shah Jahan located?
Answer: The fort of Shah Jahan located in Agra.
Activity 5 Solution
Make a list of what Mita and her friends saw at the Bandel church. One is done for you :
(1) A huge cock with four faces.
(2) The prayer Hall.
(3) The Mast.
(4) The Cemetery.
(5) The statue of Mother Mary.
(6) Many wall paintings of Christ.
Activity 6 Solution
Fill in the blanks with proper words from the help box:
huge, happy, loud, historical, excited, ferocious
(1) We have many ________________ places in our country.
Answer: We have many historical places in our country.
(2) Kaberi was very _________________ when she saw the museum in Kolkata.
Answer: Kaberi was very excited when she saw the museum in Kolkata.
(3) There are many ___________________ buildings in our town.
Answer: There are many huge buildings in our town.
(4) They were __________________ when they returned to their home town.
Answer: They were happy when they returned to their home town.
(5) Keep away from the ___________________ animals.
Answer: Keep away from the ferocious animals.
(6) There was a ______________ noise in the classroom just before the teacher entered.
Answer: There was a loud noise in the classroom just before the teacher entered.
Activity 7 Solution
Suppose you went to a zoo with your parents and saw many interesting things there. Write five sentences to describe your experience.
Hints: name of the zoo – time of visit – animals and birds seen – eating habits – your experience
Answer: I recently visited the “Guwahati Zoo” with my parents on a Saturday afternoon. The zoo was full of visitors of all ages. We have seen lions, tigers, snakes monkeys. We gave the monkeys some banana. We also enjoyed a picnic in the zoo with all our family members.